2018 was a great year for Stuck in Iceland and we continue to be amazed and grateful for the support we receive from people from all over the world. The highlights of the year include bringing you one the web´s biggest selection of Iceland tours, helping you to find great deals on hotels, tours and car rental in Iceland and of course bringing you reduced prices on selected high quality tours from selected partners. In 2018 the Northern Lights on a Minibus was our most popular Iceland tour, followed by the Iceland Lava Show and a Northern Lights tour on a super jeep. Most read article was about the ´The hidden beauty of Gljúfrabúi, the second most popular article was about Hiking up Mt. Esja and the third most popular article was about Landbrotalaug pool in West of Iceland. For a full list, please see below.
In 2019 we will go on helping you have the best experience in Iceland.
Helping you to plan your Iceland trip since 2012
We have changed our focus a bit, based on the feedback we have had from the user community. A big project in 2018 was the addition of road trip plans for popular routes such as the Golden Circle, the Diamond Circle in the north of Iceland, the Ring Road and the South Coast. We also found a way for our readers to book hotel rooms or other accommodation at the best price possible on the Booking.com platform. The same goes for renting a car on the Rentalcars.com.
Giving you great deals tours in Iceland
We are also excited to give you our new deals section where you can find great deals and discounts on tours in Iceland. Currently, we are offering a 10% of a 5 star culinary adventure in Reykjavik and whale watching tours with the acclaimed company Elding. Expect to see new deals in the new year.
Providing one of the biggest selection of Iceland tours on the web
Also new is our collaboration with our friends at Tourdesk. This has enabled us to offer our readers around the world one of the biggest selection of tours in Iceland on the web. Currently there are more than 880 tours available. We do realise that is a lot of tours but we have done our best to help you to find the right tour. We publish the most viewed tours every month, you can see a list of the highest rated day tours according to Trip Advisor on our site, and of course we have provided you with a list of tours we have tried our ourselves and recommend.
Traveling to Iceland on a budget? No problem
Give us feedback – we love to hear from you!
We would be very grateful if you would give us feedback by messaging us through our Facebook page. Tell us what new content you would like, what you dislike and like about our page. And if you been to Iceland and want to share your experience please let us know.
Top ten list of most read articles and pages on Stuck in Iceland in 2018
- The hidden beauty of Gljúfrabúi – The amazing hidden waterfall continues to amaze and intrigue
- Hiking up Mt. Esja – Readers of Stuck in Iceland have rightly identified Mt. Esja above Reykjavik as a worthwhile destination for hiking
- Article on resting your tired body in Landbrotalaug pool in West of Iceland
- Hiking to the top of Iceland is not easy so people like to read about me actually doing it
- North Western Iceland road trip sure is fun
- Thingvellir is pretty but it sure has a dark history
- Sólheimajökull glacier is popular for a good reason. Catch it while you can.
- Burial Rites, the tragic story of Agnes Magnusdottir who lost her head for an alleged crime of passion
- The best activities for children in Iceland. I actually enjoy all of the things mentioned!
- Fantastic ice cream and food on the Golden Circle? Yes please
List of most popular tours in 2018 on Stuck in Iceland Travel Magazine
- Northern Lights on a Minibus – people really seem to love those small group experiences.
- The amazing Iceland Lava Show is the hottest show in town!
- Northern Lights tour on a super jeep!
- Inside the volcano – this tour is just incredible
- Tour to the exquisitely beautiful Thorsmörk
- See where Game of Thrones TV series was filmed in Iceland
- Cruise on the glacier lagoon. Unforgettable experience
- Private tour of the South Coast with the legendary Moonwalker Tours
- See the beauty Jökulsárlón glacal laggon and Vatnajökull glacier, complete with an ice cave tour
So thank you all for a great 2018 and we wish you a happy new year!
Products from Amazon.com
- Price: $13.38Was: $19.99
- Price: $10.76Was: $11.95
- Price: Out of stock
- Price: $12.83Was: $14.99
- Price: $24.57Was: $30.00
- Price: $0.99
- Price: $19.03Was: $27.99