As some of my readers know I am the marketing director at Iceland Travel. We have worked hard for the past 12 months on reinventing the Icelandic road trip. Last year we created an innovative Icelandic road trip app which is exclusive to those who book a road trip app with us. And this year we have set up a trip which is based on tragic historical events which led to the last execution in Iceland. These events inspired a young woman, Hannah Kent, to write a novel called ´Burial Rites´. It will soon be adapted for the big screen and the film will star Jennifer Lawrence. If you want to immerse yourself in the story, book the ´Burial Rites´road trip with us and use the Iceland road trip app to guide you around the settings of the dramatic events.
Discover the best of Iceland in just a few days on the road
We are always looking for new ways for visitors from all over the world to experience Iceland. One thing we noticed is that many people do not have a lot of time but they are dying to experience the best of Iceland. So we have created new ´Express´road trips which are a short trips which covers the south of Iceland and the Snæfellsnes peninsula.
South Iceland Express Road Trip
Discover the very best of South Iceland in just five days and six nights. Book the South Iceland Express Road Trip today and the the following amazing places:
- The Golden Circle which includes Thingvellir National Park, Geysir Hot Spring Area and Gullfoss waterfall
- Skogafoss and Seljalandsfoss waterfalls
- Myrdalsjokull glacier, which covers the powerful Katla volcano
- The black beach at Reynisfjara and Dyrholaey promontory by the lovely village of Vík
- Eyjafjallajokull volcano
- Reykjanes Peninsula
- Blue Lagoon (book your entrance to the Blue Lagoon online well in advance)
And don´t forget Reykjavik! It is kind of nice city 🙂
Snaefellses Express Road Trip
Snæfellsnes peninsula is just an awesome place. See it all on Snæfellsnes Express five day road trip.
- Borgarnes town with the cosy Kaffi Kyrrd for refreshments.
- Snæfellsnes glacier
- The fishing village of Arnarstapi with its harbor teeming with birdlife. This area has magnificent lava formations
- Monument of the mythical protector of Snaefellsnes, Bardur Snaefellsas
- Gatklettur or Arch Rock
- Natural wonders such as Raudfeldsgja, Dritvik, Bjarnafoss and Londrangar sea stacks
- Old charming fishing village of Hellnar. It has lovely rock formations by the sea.
- Hotel Budir and the pathway there which takes you through a lava field by the coast to charming 19th-century church. It is a setting for a perfect romantic walk
- The fishing villages of Hellissandur, Rif and Olafsvik.
- Grundarfjordur which is famous for the picturesque (or shall we say Tolkienesque) mountain of Kirkjufell.
- Stykkisholmur town
Products from Amazon.com
Drive Around Iceland on the Ring Road Express Road Trip
Ring Road Express is a great-value tour which allows you to explore the whole of Iceland’s Ring Road and Reykjavik in just 9 days. You will visit the incredible sights in each region of Iceland.
Reinventing the Icelandic Road Trip with the Iceland Travel Companion app
Book any of Iceland Travel’s road trips and receive a tablet with the exclusive Road Trip app. It has all of your Iceland road trip mapped out, contains thousands of points of interests, services, and a GPS road guide which will lead you to your accommodation after each day of traveling. You can also book day tours and activities while on the road. The video below shows how it works.