We love our home city of Reykjavik. It has grown over the past few years. Reykjavik is now full of great cafés, restaurants, museums and bars. The cultural scene in the city is just amazing. It is safe to say that the city punches above its weight in terms of culture and entertainment.
Hotels in Reykjavik
There is an incredible selection of great hotels in Reykjavik. Check out the hotel deals below or search accommodation by location.
Hotels in Reykjavik by location
Reykjavik tours are focused on many different things, for example there are tours that are centered on history and culture, whale watching, nature and scenery, food and drink and so on and so forth!
Culture and history venues in Reykjavik city
We recommend the following culture and history venues:
- Harpa Concert & Conference Center
- The Settlement Museum – see the Viking hall excavated in the middle of the city
- The National Museum – the history of Iceland is laid out in a really nice looking exhibition
Walking routes in Reykjavik
The city is also a great place to explore and there are plenty wonderful walking routes.
- Grotta at the western edge of town – bird watching and beautiful vistas. In wintertime it is a great place to catch the northern lights.
- Elliðarárdalur valley – a fantastic place to cycle, jog or walk. It is our version of Central Park!
- Two Reykjavik graveyards are beautiful and well worth exploring
- Walk around the beautiful Reykjavik pond in the center of the city
Cafés and bars
Cafés and bars in the city are legion. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Café Haiti – Fair trade coffee and wonderful atmosphere at the harbor
- The best pastry in the city is probably to be found at Brauð & Co
- Our favorite bar is Skúli Craft Bar – get great beer and and even better venue for conversation