Iceland is often portrayed as a rough country. Black sand beaches, raging seas, rugged highlands and glaciers. But did you know that Iceland is also the perfect country for kids and families? After all it is a Nordic welfare state. There are great facilities for children and families.
Family Friendly Iceland
- Relatively free of crime
- Children can play freely and safely outdoors
- High quality healthcare
Suggested activities for families
- Visit the Icelandic Lava Show and learn everything there is to know about volcanoes and lava. And it is fun as well!
- Go swimming. We reccommend the swimming pool at Minni Borg with its excellent water slide
- Visit the Viking settlement museum in Reykjavik
- Rent a horse and go horseback riding
- Check out birds and beach at Grótta
- Visit Elliðaárdalur Valley in the center of Reykjavik
- Go for a picnic at Videy Island
- Visit the petting zoos in Reykjavik and Slakki
- Get ice cream at Efstidalur
- Meet Iceland Iceland farm animals
Find Family friendly place to stay in Iceland
I found a way to make Booking.com show you family friendly accommodation in Iceland. Type in your destination in the widget below and find family friendly hotels, lodges and apartments in Iceland.