My sister is one of the people working on a new elegant hotel that has just opened for business in my lovely home town of Akureyri so I want to tell you all about it.
The hotel is called ´Hotel Kjarnalundur´ and has 46 rooms. It is only 3 km from downtown Akureyri. The best thing about it is that is located on the edge of Kjarnaskógur woodlands which has everything you would ever need for having a great time: hiking trails, volleyball courts and playgrounds for children. It even has a mountain biking track.
Staying in winter?
In winter the walking paths are plowed, making them perfect for cross country skiing. Since the hotel is situated just outside of Akureyri hotel it escapes light pollution making its location ideal for watching the northern lights and stargazing.
- Akureyri is awesome of course, try the best ice cream in Iceland at the Brynja ice cream shop or check out Rub 23 with its great seafood and sushi pizza
- Akureyri competes hard with the nearby town of Husavik for whale watching
- Godafoss waterfall is a must see
- Lake Myvatn is a destination you have to go to if you are in the north of Iceland
- Dettifoss waterfall is the king of Icelandic waterfalls
- Asbyrgi is a wonder of the world
Here is pretty nice video of the hotel